As someone who has built sunscreen into her everyday beauty routine, there are three boxes that it must check off. First, it has to have an SPF that actually protects my skin. I try to pick products that have an SPF of at least 30. Secondly, the product has to wear well alone since I do not wear makeup on a daiily basis as well as under makeup. Lastly, it has to feel comfortable on my skin — with zero white/grey cast and greasy residue.
ABOUT THE NEUTROGENA HYDROBOOST SUNSCREEN SPF 50
Neutrogena Hydro Boost with Helioplex Sunscreen SPF 50 delivers powerful broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection with a water-light feel. With hyaluronic acid, the formula quenches skin with vital hydration all day long.
- Quenches skin with vital hydration
- Superior UVA/UVB protection
- Brings Neutrogena’s most advanced skincare expertise to sun care
- Layers invisibly under makeup
- 8-hour / all day hydration
MY EXPERIENCE WITH THE NEUTROGENA HYDROBOOST SUNSCREEN SPF 50
The Neutrogena Hydro Boost Sunscreen did most but not all of these for me. Upon first trying the lotion-gel hybrid, which has an SPF of 50, I noticed the consistency was a tad bid more watery due to the high water content and also was a blue-greyish color. I was floored at how soothing it felt on my skin. Had someone taped up the label of the squeezable blue tube, I would have thought it was lightweight moisturizer — one that quenched my dry skin, irritated patches (we attribute that to the hydrating hyaluronic acid) and had an instant cooling effect but it didn’t sink in. Once i did anything tedious i turned grey sweating out? So I’m a bit confused? I tired to make it work by reducing my previous steps of moisturizer only then did it not turn me as grey.
Extra Tips for wearing Sunscreen
- Apply only on clean, dry skin 15 to 30 minutes before you go out in the sun to allow it time for it to interact with your skin.
- Make sure to properly cover all parts of your body not protected by clothing; ears, feet etc
- Reapply at least once every two hours (3-4 with this product)
- Sunscreen should be used throughout the year, regardless of the weather.
- Never rely on sunscreen alone. Sunscreen is only a secondary and partial defense against UV radiation. Still wear your sunshades, hats etc