Stuck in them twenty-somethings,
Good luck on them 20 somethings,
Hopin’ my 20 somethings won’t end
Hopin’ to keep the rest of my friends
Prayin’ the 20 somethings don’t kill me…
If you follow me on Instagram or Twitter, you know that my birthday was a few days ago! It’s crazy to even think that I’m 25 years old, seems like I turned 16 a few weeks ago. But 25 is one of those ages where life starts to feel more real and you’re officially an “adult”. Like I need to get my sh*t together fast!
I want to share a few facts about me that you probably don’t know and some of the biggest lessons that I’ve learned along the way.
FACTS ABOUT ME
- My favorite color has changed over different seasons of my life. Right now I’m into Black and Khaki green.
- I am a huge Davido fan! He literally has no bad songs to me.
- Although, I currently live in Lagos, I’m looking to relocate to some other parts of Nigeria soon for a change of environment.
- I studied Architecture at Covenant University for both my undergraduate and post graduate degree.
- Driving gives me endorphins.
- I am the last born of two girls but numerous ‘adopted’ siblings.
- I can watch 50 shades of grey 1 billions times and never get tired.
- I’m a hopeless romantic. As much as I try to portray ‘hard guy’ I love love, being loved and being in love!
- Cooking isn’t my forte. It’s such a low rewarding chore thinking of all the prepping and cleaning you have to do before and after.
- I am allergic to sea food. Such a shame that i can’t eat some of dream meals.
- I am a badass interior designer (Check out my interior page here).
LESSONS I HAVE LEARNED
- Try not to take life and yourself too seriously. Life is messy, humans are unpredictable and imperfect. Make those mistakes, learn from them and live your life on your terms.
- Don’t expect people to know what you’re feeling/thinking. Communication and comprehension is key!
- Life is short. Death is real, random and final.
- Be selfish with your time and your energy. Put your energy to where it is matched whether in work, friendship or romantic relationships
- Go for it. Whatever it is. A dream, a goal, a journey, a business; just go for it.
- People do not have to agree/understand your boundaries but they have to respect it and vice versa.
- It’s never too late to start a new hobby, career path or journey.
Check out my post from last year here